I can see my navel from here.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Long time no blog.

I know, I've been derelict: mea culpa.

First of all, James is fine. We were both pretty shook by the whole ordeal, but no one is dead, only two parts fell off the bike (which we retrieved, one from a nice homeless guy that James gave all his money* to) which starts. James himself had a badly-sprained hand and some scrapes and a rude** awakening. I had awful anxiety for the next few days and James had his first-ever panic attack. I should bake him a cake or something.

I actually got so anxious that my neck, shoulders, and upper back broke out in hives. No shit. They're fading now. Also, I've been fighting an eye infection. I'm not too worried; I used to get them all the time (stress! graduation!), so I can deal fine.

Since then, I have had a streak of good luck. Who knew?

Go Team Me:

I felt able to audition for the first time since That Whole Thing Where I Got Screwed Over by My Theater***. It was for a Macbeth and I have a callback tomorrow.

I got a commission through Etsy. The client is awesome and will give me dollars. In return I will give her hours of my time spent poring over yarn and button samples. Oh, and knitting. Can't forget the knitting.

I got blogged about re: Etsy and how awesome I am and why haven't you bought something from me? Just kidding. I know that only dudes read my blog. Not that I couldn't make you something nice too, you know.

Kidding!

I actually got a freakin' interview for a day gig. An e-mail interview, but "there's a good chance for a fit". And they wanted writing samples (copy and client communication stuff). This was my first interview, literally, since the last time that I needed to interview for a job that I got, which was...oh...three years ago? And since December I've sent out my resume out dozens of times. Lordy, lordy.

In other creative news that may or may not happen:

I'm thinking of writing a novel. Hm.

[Male friend's name redacted] and I are seriously considering a podcast. Hey, we're both smart, we're both wonks/geeks, we're both kind of cranks (him more than me), and we both think that we could do it better. Some of the topics we're considering: geekery& women (so...much...material...), geekery and knitters (I'm also forming a blog on this!), Israel and the Middle East in general (yeah, we'll narrow that down for you), and fact that BSG is clearly a product of the Bush era while Babylon 5 is clearly a product of the Clinton era****. Oh, and [redacted]'s name is redacted because he doesn't want to use his real name, for various reasons. If you know me well, you probably know him, too, or could at least hazard a guess. He does not, for some reason, read my blog (and/or keeps forgetting that it exists), so it's probably not you.


*A dollar.

**Read: terrifying.

***There may be an satisfying coda to this in the next year or so. That's all I can really say right now. No, I am not going to blow up the theater, even though I have thought about it. Repeatedly.

****This is a real coversation that [redacted] and I have had, which may, in fact, count as the nerdiest thing I have ever in my life considered in this here my brain. Additionally, please do not talk to me about the series finale of BSG. I have not yet seen it for reasons and reasons and don't want it ruined for me any more than it already has been by virtue of spoiler-ish posting on Facebook. Curse you all.

4 comments:

Patricia said...

I did my first opera audition in 10 years yesterday. It was interesting, and it felt really good. We should talk soon. Or figure out a way to meet up. I've been interviewing for a better job, so I may have more money in the near future to visit. Or not, but Charlie is working again after 4 months of being laid off - so that in itself might mean more spending money for me.
I miss you. GL with the job, and send me the gossip sometime on your old company.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

Hear, hear! Let's run away together.

The callback was...awesome for the socialization, but I got cut early and only read for the Witches. Since this is an obscure Jacobian adaptation, there are up to 7 Witches (!) that SING IN HARMONY. There must not have been many people in town who both sing and speak verse (and I'm not that much of a singer! I hope PJ knows that I can't sight sing...) or I just don't have the right look for the Ladies. Or both. I *was* the only young woman there with short hair and a big attitude.

OMG gossip. Oh, such gossip shall there be.

Dudak said...

I realized, many weeks ago, that GL and I were posting spoilers on FB regarding the BSG finale. Sorry about that. Hope you've seen it by now.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

No...not yet...but thanks. I'm just going to try and forget. LIKE THE REST OF MY LIFE.

j/k