I can see my navel from here.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

January is Personal Insomnia Month.


Although I find that I can't get enough sleep in December no matter what I do, as soon as it hits January (or perhaps the solstice? do I register the light change that much?) I become nearly incapable of sleep. I haven't been able to fall asleep before 4am for a few days, even when I get lots of exercise.

Speaking of which, I'm on a diet. Not just the thing where I avoid gluten and soy because I have to, but an actual count-yer-calories diet. I have gained 30+ pounds since spring. Sometime in fall I lost maybe 5 or so...but since I can't fit into most of my clothes, it is high time I did something about it!

Counting things brings out my lighter OCD tendancies anyway. James told me that I was being "manic", writing down every single thing. Whatever. He's gained weight, too, but since he's more of a gym guy, he doesn't quite get it.

I don't understand why one would need a gym in Seattle when we have all these incredibly steep hills. That's been my exercise: walking up and down the backside of Queen Anne hill, which hits aerobic and anaerobic exercise. The image above is one of the conservative grades up to QA. I live on the back side from downtown, which is really steep.

I'm a little too tired to report much else, maybe later in the day.

No comments: