I can see my navel from here.

Monday, June 9, 2008

HRC and the end of a campaign.

Check out the comments as well.

I know that I'm getting a skosh too sensitive to some of my male colleagues' attitudes towards sexism. I know that a couple of ECB's quotations were undoubtably "reverse sexism".

But the comments made me sick.

I don't like talking about the fact that I call myself a feminist for much the same reason that I prefer not to discuss my faith overmuch: labeling oneself anything tends to create a certain amount of censure in some percentage of other people and I am combative enough to have to know how to pick my battles. As Becky says, feminist is the other f-word. But it's exhausting that many people around me (mostly men but often enough women) just don't see anything wrong with our deeply misogynistic society. Regardless of HRC's campaign strategy, that should have been apparent to all. Course, maybe that's just me and my bitter, bitter reaction to life in the (also deeply-misogynistic) theater.

Gah. Keeping up a fight is exhausting.

I'm a-go to bed now.

Oh, and via, of course, Slog.

No comments: